Saturday, March 30, 2013

It's amazing how mommy's always know what to say to make you feel better.

Last night, me and my own had a very hard conversation and I realized two things.

My mom isn't very good at comforting people. I mean, she isn't the type of person to say "I understand that things are hard right now and it's okay to feel horrible."

She says: "This is the way I see it and now we think of solutions." and the way she sees it is usually a lot more accurate, and sort of harsher than you would think. So I felt like an idiot for a little bit, especially when she pointed out things that could have been done instead of moping, but it feels better to think of solutions with someone who is an objective third party.

I guess in that way, my big epiphany last night, was that my mom is a lot like me when it comes to comforting people. We don't soften or pity the people we're comforting. We tell them like it is and then help them find the pieces they need to put themselves back together.

So now that I'm in the last leg of the semester, I just have to wait a month before putting my master plan into action.

I must say, it's a good feeling to know what to do. I just hate the fact how moody I've been to the people who don't deserve it. So I'm sorry about that.

Hopefully, things will keep looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment