Sunday, August 19, 2012

A good day!

Today was actually a really great day! Neal spent the night again. We ended up staying up really late talking about world wars I and II. He thinks he talks to much, but I actually enjoyed listening to him. It was a really nice night.

Unfortunately, we stayed up so late that getting up early was really hard. I think I slept in a little, actually. However, we managed to get ourselves moving.

I found I was really sore from playing "baseball" at Neal's house last night. I've never batted before and actually found myself surprisingly okay at it. I was able to hit the ball a bunch of times and accidentally hit their dog with a ball that I had batted. The dog was fine. All of the reactions came from the humans around him. They went from shock, and when the dog didn't even flinch, everyone started laughing. I think some of us were laughing so hard there were tears in our eyes.

Don't worry about the dog, he got me back good.

 After someone finally caught a ball that I batted (that didn't hit a dog), Neal went up to bat. His father pitched to him and he hit a really good ball. It was in my area so I ran to catch it. Well, just as I stopped to catch it, my feet went sliding out from under me.

I caught the ball just before I hit the ground and slid a few feet in the wet grass. After a moment, I realized that I still held the ball. I let out a sigh of relief and relaxed...

WHEN SUDDENLY A GIANT WET NOSE WAS THRUST INTO MY FACE!

The dog had rammed his head into my face trying to get the ball that I still held in my hands.

That's why was I sore. Really.

Anyways, we got up, got cleaned up and I got dressed in my RenFest outfit while Neal just got dressed.

Then we were off to enjoy the day hanging out in Holly.

It was so much fun! We walked around and found the Tortuga Twins who were actually three guys. They ended up calling Neal up on stage to play Robbin Hood. I think it was really good for him, though he was nervous the whole time. He says he can't be charming or is awkward, but when he puts his mind to it, damn. He could have the whole world in his hand.

After that we meandered around through the area, looking into various shops and being really disgustingly cute. I'm not sure if that will ever wear off. I'm such a touchy person you know?

Anyway, we say a lot of shows, including a show about knights with a lot of short jokes and fun sword fighting, a bit of the washing well wenches, ONE STEP FURTHER!, and Ded Bob. Along with all those shows we got soup in a bread bowl and wandered through many shops. We also got lost in the maze they had put up.

It was mostly for little kids, but we were able to find a couple of quiet corners to steal some not so innocent kisses in.

After that it was time to shop! I wanted to buy a lace underskirt, but my mom made me feel ashamed of wanted to buy clothes before I left, so I just bought honey and a packet of seasoning to make some yummy dip for my tea parties.

I don't think I've ever laughed so hard during the shows, or have been so happy at the RenFest. I'm really glad that Neal was able to come with me. Okay, so maybe we were a little bit disgusting by out cutsey coupley behavior, but hey. This is the second time I've been in love with someone, and the first time I don't have to worry about my standing with them.

Then after we had walked through the whole place over and over again, we were hungry and it was time to go home. Neal agreed to buy stuff to make tacos and was kind enough to make them for me too.

While we ate dinner, we watched Spartacus: VENGEANCE! I found out I accidentally skipped an episode today so Neal was laughing at me as I gasped and talked to the characters on the screen. After the episodes ended, it was 8:30. Not enough time to start another episode, but Neal didn't need to leave until 9, so I made him sit and cuddle with me.

It was nice to just sit with him and have him touch me. Not even sexually just, to be touched. I'm really going to miss that. I'm going to miss holding his hand, or cuddling up next to him and feeling his hands on my skin or through my hair.

I'm still really terrified about losing him, but time is pushing me forward so I'm doing my best to not think about it. Or I'm doing my best to find something to help me not think about it. It just seems that all my time with him, no matter how happy, is tinged with sadness. More on this is in the last post under the read more...

This is going to be a hard year, so thank God for Skype.

Love and Peace
Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment