Friday, April 27, 2012

Endings

So today is the day. Today is the day that I head out for come for a week after finals week. Today I pack my room up of everything it doesn't need and traverse the long, 2.5 hour trip across state home.

It's sort of a bittersweet feeling. I mean I'm done with school for three months, I'm going to France in less than two months, but.... I dunno, even though I'm only going home for a week, I feel like I'm leaving a piece of my heart in my apartment.

Or perhaps I'm feeling almost a dreading feeling for my grades when they come out next week.

I seem to be under the impression that I failed every single one of the finals that mattered and will have to re-take all of my exams. And please don't tell me that you think I'll be alright. I know I didn't do well on the math final (no surprises there- it's a good thing I'm not solely teaching math), and I'm not so sure about my linguistics final. French.... I wish I had better confidence.

Hopefully all will be well in the end, but I think I would go into a small depression if I had to re-take any of my classes.

My mom called today, and it was nice talking to her, but half of me is dreading when she comes back from Texas. Don't get me wrong, I miss her a lot, I just....

She's off doing her own thing, I just don't know how to fit her into my life when she's been absent from it so often is all.

On a very very very good note, I get to see the light of my life, love of my heart, apple of my eye, and any other positive expressions you can think of, today!! I absolutely cannot wait!

When I walk through the door, I am sure to be greeted by a big, black, shaggy body that is wiggling from head to toe with excitement. I think I'll be pretty wiggly with excitement too! I miss my puppy more than anyone can imagine.

I miss the cat too, but she's so aloof that it makes it hard for me to look forward to any greeting she can give me. However, I know that she loves and misses me too, by the way that she pounds on my door in the middle of the night, or curls into my lap as I am joyfully engaged in Spartacus, My Little Pony, Glee, or Adventure Time.

I should finish cleaning my room so I can get a move on and go home!

Love and Peaces!
Elle

2 comments:

  1. I know you don't want people to say "don't worry about it, you did great..." And I can understand that... But worrying only causes stress, and stress blocks your artistic abilities, trust me. So just take a deep breath, let it out, smile, and forget about all those finals, ok? Besides, your puppy will make you forget about it when you get your greeting... I know Ella always makes me forget all the bad things or things I'm worried about when I walk into the house and it's like I'm the most important person in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I can't wait until tomorrow!! I'm also getting lunch or dinner with my dad when I get home so It'll all be good. :]

      Delete