Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Going Brain Dead

I'm not looking forward to this evening. I'm really not.
I have two exams at 6 for the same class. Instead of having one final we have to take exam three and then take our comprehensive final. I don't know how much longer I can study for this class.


Then after the exam(s), I have to go to work from 8-12 at grill. I can only pray to God that it won't be busy because everyone is studying or have already gone home.


Speaking of God, I haven't written in my prayer journal recently. I have been saying all of my prayers silently. I probably should write in it again. Sometimes I feel like God hears me better when I write everything down. Maybe it's because I'm a lot more focused when I'm writing.


I should probably start writing poetry again too.


Anyway, after this evening things should start looking up. The Beau is taking me out on a nice date tomorrow night and then on friday I'll be heading on home to the east side. 


Unfortunately, I'll have to take another week off of tutoring my girls because my step-dad is going to go to TX to be with my mom and we can't leave the old dog by herself.


However, it'll be nice to be home and have the house to myself. I'll be able to hang out with Lyn and meditate and burn incense and be all metaphysical and earthy without having to cringe away from the scrutinizing eye of my step-dad.


I had this garden idea a while back for a summer project. I don't think that is going to happen in Milford anymore. I mean, my parents are planning on moving out of that house. What would the point be of starting something beautiful if they're just going to leave it. Another reason is I'll be gone most of the summer and won't be able to tend it. Which, honestly, sucks. I wanted a reason to get my hands dirty this summer.


But I'll be in France.... so I guess it's not all that bad.


Something interesting I've noticed is that my taste in music has greatly changed. Like it's a fine line between bluegrass and folk with a hint of celtic ness in it. I really really like this new taste. It reminds me of green tea with a hint of peppermint.


Speaking of things that I really like, I'm getting better at meditating. Like a lot better! Now I can sit for almost 5 minutes and not think of anything at all. While Amanda doesn't know how this is possible, all I can say is that it is incredibly relaxing. It's definitely something that will be incorporated into my life from here on out.
Alright. I'm off to keep studying Linguistics!!
Peace and Love
Elie

No comments:

Post a Comment