Friday, December 14, 2012

First day home

FINALLY! I am done. Done with everything! Passed my basic skills test! I'm still waiting on the writing part, but still. At least I got two out of three there! I'll know how I did on the writing bit a little later on.

However I've taken everything that my last week has thrown at me and punched it in the face!


Then I went to see the Hobbit.

It. Was. So. GOOD!! The below gif was me pretty much the whole time.

To those who say books that have been made into movies are pretty shallow (coughnickcough), I have to say that when they said they split the book into three parts, they weren't lying.

Now I know I haven't read the book in a while, so I'm guessing part 1 was pretty accurate. If they couldn't make it accurate in a three hour block, I don't know what might.

Either way, I can't wait until the next one.

There's also a ton of movies coming out this year that I know I'm definitely going to see.

Strangely enough, I got a ton of phone calls and text messages during the movie. I wonder why, when I'm busy, suddenly everyone wants to talk to me. I just had to make a few phone calls afterwards.

Now, after having a good day, I get to sit down and think about what happened to day at the elementary school in CT.

The only thing that keeps playing over and over in my head, is that school is supposed to be safe and that was violated by the shooting. Another thing that I've seen is a call for gun control. This has nothing to do with gun control. This has everything to do with sick people. If someone wants to shoot someone, they'll get ahold of a gun, despite all the restrictions that may or may not be placed on weapons.

However, thinking about it has killed the good mood I've accumulated all day. So I think I'll just watch Adventure Time and eat some cheese.

Love,
Elie

No comments:

Post a Comment