Saturday, July 21, 2012

Final Night in Nice Thoughts

Wow.

What a long and interesting journey this has been. As much as I didn't like staying in the city Nice and going to class all day, I sort of grew attached to my host family. Now tomorrow, I have to leave them.

It's not like I don't want to come home or anything. It's just that good byes are always really hard for me. Harder than I imagine them to be. Yet here I am, having to make some more.

Paris, I think, will change my mood considerably. Though I still hate being confined in a city, Paris just has a different feel to it. Besides, after Paris, my mom will be here and life wont be so lonely.

This trip has made me stronger as a person and I'm so thankful that I came here. No matter how much it made me cry and hurt my heart, it was a part of the growing experience.

I just wish it didn't have to be so painful.

Love and Peace
Elie

No comments:

Post a Comment