Saturday, July 7, 2012

Some differences

Since I've come to France, all of my blogger page is in french. Which is really cool.

Things have been really busy so I haven't been writing here a lot. That and my host mother doesn't like it when I do things in english claiming that it is bad for my french.

Which is true, but that doesn't stop me from chatting on skype in English with friends and family.

One thing that I've learned how to do really well during my time in Nice, is wear a street face. Mine used to be something angry and "Whatever you think you are, I'm worse," sort of face. Now it's sort of a "I've walked these streets so often my footprints are practically worn in the cement. So you're not gonna fuck with me, because I know your tricks and they aren't going to work," sort of face. Or at least that's what goes on in my head as I walk home at midnight in this foreign city.

I've also learned that people have layers. Lots of layers. And that they're a lot more complicated than they first let on. Some of the people that I thought that I would never in a trillion years get along with, are the people I'm hanging out with the most.

I'm really grateful for this experience. I really am.

 But let me tell you.

There is no place like home. . . or public bathrooms that you don't have to pay to use. Or benches. Or drinking fountains.

Love and Peace
Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment