Saturday, July 14, 2012

Looking Up

I'm feeling a lot better about this France thing. I'm getting a lot more comfortable in the city, although I still feel a little trapped and have this urge to read Harry Potter.

But, I'm gaining a lot more independence. Walking home at night isn't the heart pounding thriller it used to be. Class is a lot more fun when I'm engaged and time is going along pretty fast. My host mom is a lot more warm now that I've actually started to talk to her and I'm starting to be able to sleep better.

Today, the 14th of July, Bastille Day, I went out after waking up super late and bought a bunch of things at the sales. I got myself a jacket, a cute dress, and a couple of strapless bras. I think I want to get a zip-up hoodie to go under the jacket, because it's sort of light and thin, but layers would also look great with it. In fact, I might just wear it out tonight.

Sans layers... I don't have those yet.

One thing I'm bummed about being here though, is that I'm missing all the weddings back home! I LOVE weddings, and this weekend there are two that I can't make due to a small something called the Atlantic Ocean.

I mean, couldn't these people wait until I get back to get married?!

In other news, my mother will by flying out to France on the 30th so I don't have to worry about being alone in a strange country. Everyone is asking me what we're going to do, but I honestly don't know. My mom is going to make a plan and then we'll follow that. Don't think that I didn't think about making a plan, it's just she usually takes over, regardless of anything.

Anyway, I've come to peace with coming back on the 9th, and Nick and I have already planned out a great date for that evening.

So far, everything is going well. We'll see how I'm feeling when we get closer to school and Nick's departure for Japan.

But for now, Love and Peace
Elle


No comments:

Post a Comment