Wednesday, May 23, 2012

After Tea

Seeing Abby made me feel a lot better. She's a wonderful girl.

First, we went to the mall and I got some more of her favorite tea ( I can say it's her favorite, 'cuz it's the only tea that she likes) before we wandered around. Mostly we stopped in stores that sold sexy underwear and hoodies, but that was nice. I still need to get PINK sweats. We also stopped in this store called "Sleeping Tiger" and sniffed incense and candles before leaving.

Feeling slightly high, we went to look at the knick-knacks in the hallmark store where I fell in love with a music box. I dunno why, but music boxes sort of warm my heart. I want one when I can legitly afford it.

After our mall adventures, the two of us went to go get lunch at Steak and Shake. I must admit that is was the second time I've ever been to a Stake and Shake, so I was pretty pumped.

Here is where I was reaffirmed that I did the right choice by facebookly marrying this girl. We both got the same lunch, except I didn't get a tomato on mine. However, I made up for that by using ketchup on my fries. She doesn't like ketchup...

Then we both got the same Mint and Chocolate Cookie shake, and we don't like cherries.

I must say, we make an adorable couple. I felt like one of those old couples who order the same meal when they go out.

I think it's things like this that tell you who your best friends are. I mean. Abby and I have the same tastes in food and we can do stupid things like try and teddy bear roll around the floor.

But I'll get to the teddy bear rolling in a moment.

So after lunch, we went to the park where we went on swings and giggled at kids who played on the play structure. Their conversations were so funny, but we felt a stab of pride when we heard one of the kids say "THIS IS A FORCE JUMP!" before jumping off the swing. The kids then ran around playing Star Wars.

Those parents were doing their jobs right if their kids knew about Star Wars.

After playing on the swings, Abby and I wandered down a wooded path and we found a tree over a small creek. Just down the way, there was a bridge, but Abby and I wanted to cross via trunk.

This is where the Triforce comes in.

Abby crossed the trunk on her feet, keeping her balance the whole way. I sat on the trunk and wiggled my way across. After that ordeal we had to stop and laugh at ourselves.

Abby is courage because she crossed it on her feet. I'm power, 'cuz I still crossed it, but I did it in a way that gave me more power. We figured May would take the bridge, 'cuz it was the smarter way. For those of you who don't know, I'm power and May is Wisdom.

So we finished our walk and found ourselves at another, smaller, playscape. There we met two beagles, a nice 5 year old, and his father. The five year old proceeded to instruct us how to get on and off the spinning thing. You know, where you spin it really fast and jump on and off? That thingy.

He was super cute. When we walked over he asked us where our kids were and both Abby and I laughed and told him we were the kids today. He was very confused and asked "Aren't you grown ups?" and we said, "Yes, but we're kids today!"

The kid was still confused so we had to explain that we were grown ups, but we wanted to pretend to be kids. While he didn't know why, this kid was glad to have us for company.

And... I learned how to get on a spinning thingy as it was quickly spinning. I have to admit, I felt like a bad ass jumping on this thing.

Abby and I played with this kid for a good half hour before we had to head out. Thankfully, Abby decided to come and do homework at my place! So we went to her house where I had a nice chat with Momma H.

I love Abby's mom. She's such a great woman.

Anyways, after promising to return to hang out, Abby and I returned to my place.

It was really nice just chilling out with Abby. She did homework while I played on my laptop.

This is where teddy bear rolling comes in. We can't really do it, or many other physical feats. However, we did laugh a lot as we laid on the ground.

Unfortunately, Abby had to go home.

I hope we can have play dates like this more often.

Now, I am doing laundry and waiting for Neal to come over. I think we need to have another talk, but I'm not sure about what or how to start it. We'll see what happens. I hope that God or Phil can guide me through this.

The rest of the week should be fun. I see my girls tomorrow and then I get to see Lea on Friday and my cousins on Saturday. I think I'll be with Ann (my cousin) on Sunday, and then on Monday I'll see Lea again.

It's going to be busy, but well worth it. Neal will be home that weekend, but I don't know if I'll get to see him.

Oh well I guess. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Anyways, I don't have much more to talk about, so I'm going to peace out.

Love,
Elle

1 comment:

  1. Yah, teddy bear rolling!!! And that kid was adorable..

    *Lt.*

    ReplyDelete