Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Today: Grades, Meeting the Parents, Slight Venting

So, today was going to start out good and well.

Then grades came. I did... well, I passed all of my classes, but then I called my mom who, of course, made me feel like a failure.

So I was down when I met up with Neal for the day. He was really supportive. He stood by me as I freaked about maybe having to take a class again (which I don't), and was just wonderful.

I also met his parents today! I have to admit, I was really really nervous, but they're both really nice people. His dad is a bit gruff, but a good guy, and his mom is really personable. They both made me feel at home.

However, Neal accidentally had me cooking for his parents, which he apologized about later. You see, he took me around his small town, and then we went to a park for the day. It was just nice being around him, and the day was hot and beautiful as well. After we were done playing in the park, we went to meijer and were looking for food to get when he says "Well, why don't we just get some more so we can make some for my dad too!"

I understand why he thought that way, but I sort of poked him and said "Well that puts pressure on me! I'm cooking for your entire family!"

After dinner and a movie the two of us took his dog for a walk and he apologized for that. He said he's gonna make it up to me somehow, so we'll see just how he does it.

Throughout the day, I found myself getting more and more angry at my parents. I want my mom to be a mom, one I can go to whenever I need one, who is comforting and like... well, a mom! But whenever we talk she talks about herself, or whenever I have a problem, she still talks about herself and then tells me what I need to change about myself or some other tangents that don't even make sense.

And Frank doesn't stand up for me. Whenever she's around he is just so antagonistic.

I just feel like, the longer that I'm home, the angrier I get at them. And I'm trying to forgive them for everything they've done to hurt me, but it seems as if it's the reverse that's happening.

Tomorrow should be nice though. Neal is coming over and he gets to sit down with my dad. My real dad.

So that should be wonderful. My dad and I get along really well, and I know he'll like Neal. Out of all of my parental units, my dad is the one that I really want to meet my boyfriend.

Hopefully, tomorrow, I'll be less angry.

Oh! Also, I've decided not to do the Mary Kay thing. I'll find money another way.

Love and Peace
Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment