Thursday, May 10, 2012

Thoughts: Boyfriends, Friends, and Everything in Between

Yesterday was so so nice. I got to spend some time with Rick and Ali. I'm really glad that Rick isn't living out of his van anymore and I'm hoping things really start to look up for him soon. He deserves it.

I should start at the beginning before I start to ramble. Organization and all that.

Neal and I woke up at 11:30, which, to me, is too late to be productive. Let's face it. After waking up so late, you don't really want to do anything else for the rest of the day. So I started watching America's Next Top Model reruns and surfing the web.

That's when Rick messages me on facebook asking for a favor. There was something wrong with his car and he asked that, if he needed a lift, he could count on me. I told him I'd do him one better. He should come over while his car is getting fixed and then I'll throw a tea party.

Well, as I'm talking to Rick, I'm also texting Ali. Because the three of us are all friends, I invited her too. Unfortunately, Ali had to eat dinner so she had to come over later, but it was still nice to sit and share woes with Rick.

Rick and I devoured the croissants I had bought for the tea party, and enjoyed a bit of the cake that I made. The two of us also started our pottermore comic so I'll probably be posting some of that when I get the chance. Maybe after I'm done tutoring my girls.

Then Ali came over and enjoyed tea with us. I must say, I'm proud to have found a tea that she likes. Now I just have to find some that all of my friends will like when I throw these tea parties. We finished off the croissants and had more cake. What a legit tea party! Rick kept calling the croissants 'scones' because it felt so legit...  I think it might have been the teapot.

The three of us had a grand ol' time laughing a joking until Rick had to leave to do homework and prepare for class. Then it was just Ali and I. We chatted a bit about the avengers, which was an awesome movie, and then headed into the living room to watch Brother Bear.

Of course, I was a crying, hot mess throughout the ending of that movie. What I really like about Ali is that, whenever I turn into a ball of tears and emotion, she just... not ignores it, but lets me be without asking if I'm alright every five seconds.

Anyways, we watched family guy before she left and I stumbled upstairs to go to bed.

That's what I thought anyway, that'd I'd just go to bed.

I ended up talking to Ash for a bit. Then, after we signed off, agreeing to go to bed, I sat and stared at my desktop for a good five minutes before finishing the chapter I was working on.

Finally, around one in the morning I crawled into bed.

Here's were I talk about Karma. I've been getting frustrated at the level of lazy that my boyfriend has managed to reach, and making me sleep in to 11:30 was more than the tip of the iceberg for me.

This morning, my alarm goes off at 8:30 as usual, and, as usual, I hit snooze, fully intending to go back to sleep.

As usual, God laughs at my plans and sends me a text message from, surprisingly, Neal. I looked at it and was surprised to see: It's not even 8:30.... and then you actually have to open the text to read it all.

Thinking he was going to be like "It's not even 8:30 and I'm up! Aren't you proud of me?" Or something like that, I eagerly open it.

The text said something along the lines: It's not even 8:30 and my roommate has friends over and they're blasting music and screaming. 


I couldn't help but grin. This was worth not snoozing through. My boyfriend was actually up before 11 (and 11 is a good day), and thoroughly irritated. Of course, I'm a bit groggy, but I'm stil enjoying myself.

He continues to complain for a bit before suddenly switching gears and apologizing profusely about waking me up. Of course, now I'm up and rolling my eyes.

Isn't it, like, girlfriend duty to get up early and listen to your boyfriend complain about waking up early? Especially after he has to sit through all the drama you put him through about your stupid stuff?

So I told him to take a few breaths, put on his headphones and go back to sleep.

The rest of the day was nice after that. I got up, took a shower, ate breakfast, watched Maury, meditated, and am now preparing to go chill with my girls!

I'm not sure what I'm doing after tutoring. I'm still a bit miffed about Neal and his lack of ambition, so I need to find a way to get over that, and do it quickly.

Maybe I'll drink some tea and ponder it.

Until next time,
Love and Peace,
Elle



2 comments: