Thursday, January 3, 2013

A small update: Relationship Musings with a Hint of Japan

As I lay here on the bed in the LA hotel room, I am slowly coming to the realization that I will never be able to fully write out what happen in Japan. If you want the stories and the pictures, you'll have to see me in person or contact me in some way.

Here, you're just going to get sentimental crap from someone who was on an airplane for almost 9 hours straight.

I must say, I leave Japan a bit different than when I arrived. When the plane touched down, I was on the verge of a panic attack. I was landing in a country where I hardly knew the language (my knowledge has progressed to roughly 5 words now), and would be living with a boyfriend that I hadn't seen in four months.

Don't know why the latter made me as nervous as it did. I guess I was worried that one, or both, of us had changed or drifted away and that the two weeks would be more of an exercise in frustration than a bonding experience.

Turns out I should listen to my mom and my best friends more often when they say it'll be alright.

Japan is a lovely country. It's beautiful, runs smoothly, the people seem quite pleasant, and there's a lot of stuff to do. Most of our time was spent traveling around Tokyo. Actually, that's where most of my money went too.

However, it wasn't just the country and the sights that gave me such a wonderful time. It was the man I saw them with. In fact, I think the memories I'll cherish most are those of us laying around the hotel room playing Vampire Games, or cuddling and talking about whatever comes into our heads.

It was nice to just be close to each other to the point that we could reach out and touch the other one whenever we wanted to.

I think we grew closer during our time together. Two weeks went by quickly; too fast even.

The reality of it all is that I hate this distance thing. And maybe I'm a bit too sensitive, but I guess he matters that much to me if I'm feeling like this.

I really hope two months goes by really fast. Well, really fast on my end in case he's doing a lot of fun things. I suppose the only thing I can do is keep myself busy and then make time when he comes.

That shouldn't be too hard right?

Well I'm off to write a bit and then head to bed so I can get up early and catch a flight to Detroit.

Love and Peace
Elie

No comments:

Post a Comment