Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Some thoughts

Today was an interesting day! I had my first, by myself lessons! What I mean to say is that I taught my classes by myself. The first one of the day, the music class, was a little hard. There isn't much material in the lesson plan and I had trouble with transitions so keeping the kids engaged was a bit difficult.

However, the class right after that went a lot better. Maybe it was the fact that I was late due to a GPS malfunction, or maybe it was because these kids were a lot more responsive and excited, or maybe it was because I felt more confident. Either way, I'm feeling better about taking up that job. However, I'll still be making, roughly, the same amount that I was last year with just Campus Dining.

I suppose that's how these things always work out though.

I did a work out today, which was a lot more fun than I was anticipating. However, I need to buy spandex that doesn't ride up on me when I run, and more shorts and tank tops.

Maybe I'll do that this weekend.

Other things that have been on my mind. When I try to meditate at night, too many voices start talking. Like, it's my brain trying to process all the voices that it's heard earlier that day and so they all start talking at once.

Which is cool... but it makes it really hard to make a quiet place in my mind. I probably should try it in the mornings, but I'm usually waiting in bed until the last second.

Which reminds me! I think I've found a routine that fits in everything I want! I wake up at 7, take a shower and get ready for Gymboree (on the days when I have it), make breakfast (big nice breakfast with tea on the days I don't work in the morning), go throughout my day whatever it holds, and then come home and do homework or work or both. Then go to bed at 1:00.

It's perfect because I get my 6 hours of sleep, get all my stuff done, wake up energized enough in the mornings, aaand have time to talk to the wonderful boyfriend.

I have a feeling this semester is going to be a lot better than the last. Even though a lot of people I love are far away from me, it'll give me an opportunity to get closer to those that are around me.

I have to go get ready for French!
Love and Peace
Elie

No comments:

Post a Comment