Monday, January 28, 2013

What a Monday

Got up at 4:30 due to a nightmare. Strange thing was, that wasn't the only time I had gotten up that night. In fact, I think I woke up a couple of times. One of my favorites was around 2:30/3:30ish thinking I had to teach my friend's swtor character A Heart Full of Love from Les Mis. 

Work today was a lot of fun because I really like the kids at the Tutor Time I go to. Because I was up at 4:30, I had a nice morning laying in bed trying to get feeling back in my fingers and toes in the aftermath of jumping awake. Since Tara didn't have school today I was able to take a long, hot shower. A wonderful, but increasingly rare occurrence. 

The point to that whole story was that I arrived at work super early. I was excited about arriving early, instead of getting there just in time to grab what I need and run. The only issue I had, though, was that I walked in and everything in the building was gone. It was an empty shell. 

My boss had told me that she was moving, but that there would be an email giving the new location's adress. 

After many frantic calls and a trip back to the old building, I finally got that adress but was now running late. Good thing my boss called ahead of me.

The day went really well once I had finally got there. The kids are always a lot fun and I feel like I get better with each lesson. The only thing I wish were different was that the kids weren't sick with colds. I'm always so paranoid when they cough.

Oh well! I'm sure I'll be fine. I'm determined not get sick until summer. I have a feeling that this year is going to be that year. I'm super overdue for a major illness. 

Anyway, I came home and took a nap. It was only supposed to be a half hour, but it lasted way past French class and into the evening. Gretchen woke me up and almost ushered me to bed. That's probably the smart thing to do, but I have a feeling I'll be up at 4:30 again if I went to bed now. 

ON a different note, college of ed applications are due by the end of this week!! It's so nerve wracking but really exciting at the same time. Part of me is really nervous because there is so much that had to be done, but then another part of me (the more logical side) reminds me that this has been done before. Over and over again. 

It'll all work out fine. I'm sure of it. Mostly sure. 

The rest of this week will be nice and normal I think. I hope.

Well, I'm off to do reading and finally watch... ugh... Doctor Who with the Roomies. 

Love and Peace
Elie

No comments:

Post a Comment