Friday, January 11, 2013

good, bad, pretty alright.

the good!

I love fountain pens. This was the best idea I've had in a long time, this writing thing! It was hard at first, trying to do what the books told me to. Then I remembered that my handwriting is beautiful. Add pens that make thicks and thins for you and it becomes stunning.

Of course, I'll keep reading the books and trying out new techniques, but I've never done something so wonderful for my head. When I write with this set, concentrating on how to make the letters with these foreign writing utensils, my mind goes blank. Gloriously blank.

It'll be fun to see where this progresses. Hopefully it's not another bottle rocket project.

the bad!

I keep getting this feeling that I'm never going to ride horses again. Like that chapter of my life is over.

Or maybe I'm just thinking that way because it seems so impossible. Especially with the career I've chosen. And let's face it. I'm probably never going to be a good enough pianist to perform solo at weddings. And finding a band? Even harder than perfecting piano... Well I'm not too sure about that, but it seems that way right now.

the pretty alright!

I'm going drinking with some friends tonight! Should be a good time!


I just needed to get those off my chest.
Love
Elie




No comments:

Post a Comment