Monday, September 10, 2012

Feeling Better and Dreams

I still feel tetchy and irritable, but instead of feeling victimized by the world, I feel good enough to start fighting back.

I also want to post about the dreams I had last night. They were a lot about civil rights actually.

It was in the 60's in the middle of a rally, and I was an african american guy who got caught in an angry mob. I think I woke up as I was getting the shit kicked out of me.

Then, I was a native american cowgirl living in the old west. I had friends who were african american and we worked on this small... not farm but it sort of was, in the bottom of the canyon. I remember a bit of a conversation between me and one of my friends who had started to give up and just accept that people were always going to treat him badly because of the color of his skin.

He left the area and then something happened, but I don't remember exactly what it was. Anyways, one of my friends, a white cowgirl, ran to me and woke me up in a hurry. She explained that a mob was on its way to get me for interrogations about what happened. When I expressed that it couldn't be that bad because I was american, she looked at me seriously and said "But you're native american too." And I had darker skin and hair.

In the distance shouts were heard and you could see torches. I jumped out of bed and dressed so fast my shirt was put on backwards and ignored. I quickly tacked up my horse, a black fresian looking one, and made plans to meet up with my friend before riding hard out of the canyon.

Then I woke up.

Interesting.

The rest of the day doesn't really compare to that. I have a bit of time where I'll shave my legs and then I have class until 9. I think my dad is coming up tonight too with cake, so it'll be nice to see him.

Love and Peace
Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment