Monday, September 3, 2012

Slow Day at Work means a Play Day at Work

So, today started off like any normal day. I woke up, showered, made tea, got dressed, made breakfast, and went on my merry way to work.

Of course, since it's labor day weekend, work was almost dead and I had signed up to take care of the pizza area. The only thing is, Pizza is the easiest of all the areas because you sit around and do nothing but put out pizza and breadsticks when they get low.

So a lot of the time I went and hung out with the ladies who were working grill or pretend I was in a gun fight with the student manager working the cash register. My finger gun did nothing against the laser of the check out scanner though.

Anyway. One interesting thought occurred to me as I was absently watching the pizza. But let me give you some background information.

There are six slices of each pizza and two people had taken one from opposite ends so the remaining slices looked like a bow tie...

Back on track, I decided that if one were to put a breadstick in between the wings, it would look like a butterfly. Unfortunately, the social worker who ran pizza was sort of a stickler and wouldn't have liked it if I had created the Pizza Butterfly...

One day I'll do it though.

THEN! As we're all standing around doing nothing, the Cash Student Manager wandered over and after I asked about how he got a bruise on his elbow, I was regaled with many stories of injuries and wall damages due to drunken sexcapades that he has no memory of.

That conversation got awkward fast.

After SM left to go do some more student managing, I hung out with the people at pizza for a bit and was told that I was a pretty chill person.

Which is strange to me because I'm pretty uptight I think. Maybe that's just when I'm stressed out.

Anyways, because nothing was going on, SM told me to go help out at Grill. Which was great because Vron was working grill that day!  It was nice to fall back into the routine that I had with her. Even though I'm glad I'm not working at grill, I know that's someplace I can go back to if people need help or shifts.

Unfortunately, though, SM didn't tell my social worker that he put me on grill, so she chewed him out and then put me back in boring Pizza.

5 minutes of standing around and I was told to go home because there was no reason for my being there! That was a good and a bad thing. Good because I got to come home, go to the bank, and then when I'm done fooling around on the interwebs, I will end up doing some homework.

Oh! I forgot, I've been having really weird dreams lately. The weirdest by far was being Ciel Phantomhive's paid sex friend. That was an interesting one.

Another one was that Neal had come home for a mere 24 hours.

Welp! I'm off!

Love and Peace
Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment