Saturday, November 24, 2012

Winding Down

Well, Thanksgiving break is coming to an end.

It started out really shaky, but you know, all things considered, it was pretty great.

The first great thing that happened was I got to see my mom for almost 3 whole days! I know it doesn't sound like much, but seeing as how I hardly ever get to see her, it was really great.

Then we went to see the big family for thanksgiving. I actually got to catch up with a lot of cousins and spent most of the evening talking to one of my aunts. Every time I go and see them all, it gets easier and easier to talk to them. My mom was also allowed to come. It was good to see her there with her family.

We also booked my flight to Japan! Whenever I think about it, I get really excited and nervous at the same time. It'll be my first time flying so there's all those concerns, but there's some part of me that's nervous about seeing my boyfriend for the first time, in the flesh, after four long months.

I also got to see my Dad a lot. I've seen him almost every day that I've been home. We're even going out to eat tonight. Tomorrow, I'll be going to breakfast with George before heading back to school for work and getting stuff done.

Throughout the weekend, I got to spend a lot of time with the old dog and the small cat. They're both doing well, if a little lazy.

That's one thing I didn't get done this weekend. I did not get any school work. I guess, this upcoming week I'm not going to give myself free time. It'll be work work work until I'm all caught up.

Look, I say that now, but I probably wont.

Another thing that I have been behind on is NaNoWriMo. I will finish it by the 30th of November, but that will be after nights and nights of just typing when I'm done with schoolwork for that night.

I'm so behind it's really bad.

However, I needed this break to just relax and re-center myself to be able to do great work.

When I go back to school, it'll be a tough 3 weeks before I can just not worry about anything but work and packing to go travel.

I'll get through it.

Love and Peace
Elie

No comments:

Post a Comment